If you are having technical difficulty setting up your computer or logging on to SONIS, Moodle, or your email, you can contact one of the telephone help support numbers listed here. Please note that telephone help support is generally available during normal hours of operation. If a technician is unavailable to assist you, you can leave a voicemail message and your telephone call will be returned as soon as practical.
Online Education Resources
Below is the link to Moodle:
https://elearn.mildred-elley.edu. You will need your login information for Moodle to access the Moodle pages. Your login information is the username and password you use to login to the school’s network.
From the Mildred Elley Student Portal, you can find important messages and you can access the following, helpful links:
From your Dashboard in Moodle, you can access the following pages:
- Your Course Pages
- Your Campus Tutoring Page
- Your Campus Library Page
Other links you may need:
- Connect for Students (for those with courses using McGraw-Hill textbooks)
- Login link to McGraw-Hill Connect
- Evolve for students (for those with courses using Elsevier textbooks)
- Login link to Evolve
- Cengage Unlimited/Mindtap for students (for those with courses using Cengage textbooks)
- Login link to Cengage Unlimited
- If you are having issues while on Moodle/eLearn, please see the Moodle Help section in your course. If you are unable to resolve your issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are having issues logging in to Moodle/eLearn, Sonis, or your Mildred Elley email, please email the IT Help Desk at email@example.com
- Other Moodle information can be found in these links:
- eLearn at Mildred Elley (Moodle)
- Online Student Orientation Video
- Online Course Readiness Checklist
- Moodle Use Checklist for Enhanced and Hybrid Courses
- Things to Know to Get Started in Your Online Course
- Technology Requirements for Online Courses at Mildred Elley
- Minimum Technology Requirements for Connect
- Minimum Technology Requirements for Mindtap
- Quick Moodle Directions
- Online Learning Tips for Success
- The Moodle App – Instructions
Other Student Resources
Sonis Student Portal: Students can access academic records and resources in a secure online environment.
Student Information System Login – SONIS – click here – your user name is your full Mildred Elley e-mail address and PIN
Links on the web for How-To videos:
- Log in to Moodle to find course, syllabus, instructor information:
- Log in to Sonis to find your schedule and grades:
- Check back soon for this link!
- Log in to Outlook 365: an overview of Apps and Outlook/email:
- Check back soon for this link!
Student Email Login – Microsoft 365 – click here – Your username is your student email address and password you use to login to the school’s network.
The Microsoft Office 365 suite gives you access to: Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Online Learning Portal – Moodle – click here for access to online courses (and see section above on Online Education Resources)
- Access your online courses in the Online Learning portal. To login, type in your Mildred Elley network username and network password.
Library Resources – Find books, articles and other helpful resources
- Click here to access Mildred Elley’s library website. Usernames and Passwords for the online databases are here.
- Ask a librarian – contact library staff while campus is closed due to COVID-19
Online Tutoring and Advising
Links for your campus’ online tutoring and advising sites will be posted within your Moodle account. Login to Moodle here!
Other helpful links
- This is the link for the Academic Calendar 2019-2020
- These are the links for your campus’ Academic Catalog:
Technical Help – Trouble logging in?
- SONIS Student Information System – your username for SONIS is your student email address and a 6-digit pin you were issued upon enrolling. If you cannot remember your pin, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Moodle – Online Course Platform – your login information for Moodle is the same as the username and password for accessing the computers on-campus. If you cannot remember this information, please contact email@example.com.
- Email/Microsoft 365 – Your username for the Student E-mail system is your Mildred Elley e-mail address and your password is the same as for logging into the computers on-campus. If you cannot remember this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or on the login page for Office 365, click the “Can’t access your account?” link.
- How to install Microsoft Office 365 onto a desktop PC, click here!
- How to use Microsoft Office 365, click here.
Need Internet Access?
- Broadband Map: Find out everyone who offers internet service in your area by typing in your address.
- Spectrum COVID-19 Remote Education Credit – Beginning Monday, March 16, we’ll offer free access to internet and WiFi for 60-days for new Pre-K to 12, college student and teacher households who don’t currently have internet or WiFi service. This discount will be applied as a credit for your first two months of internet services. We’ll waive any installation or pre-payment fees to help get you started.” Call (855) 243-8892 to sign up for this offer.
- Verizon Wireless – Lifeline Program
- Earthlink – Keeps Americans Connected
- Altice Advantage – NJ/CT/NY area
- Comcast: The company is offering Internet Essentials as an affordable way for homes who receive public assistance to get online. The plan is available for about $10 per month. In addition, they are increasing speeds for all customers in response to emergency measures associated with the coronavirus, and new customers receive two months free.
- Mediacom: This ISP is offering their Connect2Compete internet program at a discounted rate of $9.95 per month plus tax for qualifying families.
- An ongoing updated list of free wifi (not necessarily broadband) services
Useful Contact Emails
- Annette Jeffes, Campus President
- Kerry Cirillo, Dean of Academic Affairs
- Michael Bernhardt, Director of Community Education
- Jonathan Bubb, Chair of General Studies
- Wendi Enright, Chair of Business, Paralegal & IT
- Belinda Green, Chair of Massage Therapy
- Elizabeth Hladik, Chair of Medical Assisting
- Stacy Robinson, Chair of Practical Nursing
- Darren Walsh, Director of Online Learning
- Brenda McClaine, Director of Academic Support & Advising
- Lucas Petruzzini, Director of Library Services
- Tech Support
NYC Metro Contacts
- Bernard Price, Campus President
- Jill Maggs, Dean of Academic Affairs
- Elizabeth Braun, Dean of Nursing
- Tyler Green, Chair of General Studies & Liberal Arts
- Vesselka Ivanova, Chair of Medical Assisting
- Robert Knudsen, Assistant to Dept Chairs & Deans
- Tawana Thompson, Chair of Massage Therapy
- Alex Bernstein, Director of Academic Support & Professionalism
- Phil Roman, Evening & Weekend Manager
- Jacqueline Simone, Director of Library Services
- Tech Support